We have a great opportunity to be part of a small, dynamic team looking to change the face of politics in Ireland.
A key staff member, reporting to the CEO, the Communications and Events Executive will grow and develop the profile of Women For Election and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders and supporters of Women For Election.
Location: Women For Election, 36 Fitzwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Terms: This is a 12-month appointment, with the possibility of extension. The salary for this position will be in the region of €35,000 per annum.
Support and promote the mission of Women For Election, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
- Contribute to and implement our communications strategy ensuring direct engagement with our stakeholders and supporters, as well as increasing our profile and growing our circle of supporters
- Develop and disseminate materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and supporters, those in political life and the wider public
- Maintain a strong brand for WFE, including developing content and publications, web presence and social media
- Build and maintain relationships with our stakeholders as well as across print and broadcast and online media
Training and Events
- Plan and implement a programme of activity for WFE stakeholders and women interested in engaging in public life (e.g. potential election candidates or campaign managers)
- Implement a training programme, including promotion and recruitment, that builds and strengthens the pipeline of women ready for election
- Strengthen the network of Women For Election Alumni, ensuring networking and peer learning opportunities
- Develop and manage events to engage members of our Countess Markievicz Circle and the wider Women For Election family
- Act in accordance with the objectives and ethos of WFE
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in relevant discipline
- Five years’ experience in a communications, marketing or journalist role
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives within tight budgets
- Experience of developing and implementing media, advocacy or marketing campaigns
- Knowledge and understanding of the political system in Ireland
Skills and Special Aptitudes
- Ability to manage a complex workload and an ability to meet tight and moving deadlines
- Ambition and an ability to work on own initiative to accomplish tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail along with strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Standard office ICT skills, including social media (particularly facebook, twitter and instagram) as well as the ability to generate graphics, GIFs, video content etc.
A letter of application along with a full CV and the names of two referees should be sent to:
Ciairín de Buis
Women For Election
36 Fitzwilliam Place
or to [email protected]
by 17.00, Thursday 19th April
Interviews will be held on 3rd May
Applications should be clearly marked ‘Communications and Events Executive Application’